Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sending Love- with Demure

So far, I have been using Demure stamp with white, plain backgrounds. Now that I have Peerless watercolors, I wanted to make artsy, watercolor background with various stamped, embossed elements. So, here is the card, one more time the Demure stamp.


I stamped and colored the flowers on a heavy weight water color paper with Peerless colors. I then painted background overlaying flower quarter stencil with contrasting colors,stamped antique motifs, sprayed with black, dark blue and white and distressed the edges with Vintage photo distresses ink. I now think I should have done background first.



Then, I added golden polka dots with gold embossing paste and a stencil. I also wanted an additional, delicate, element. So, I partially die cut a pattern in circle.

 For the greeting which I wanted to be in gold, I had to use other embellishments in a way that the greeting be visible in the busy background. So, I added die-cut, painted hearts and a banner stripe.




 So the final result is....



Enjoy!

Submitted to:
Items used:
Dies: Spellbinders- Splendid circles, Simon Says Stamp- Sending
Stamps: Penny Black 40-375 Demure Slapstick Cling Stamp (#pennyblackinc),                 Stampabilities- Antique Square, TPC Studio- Hugs and kisses
Stencil: Heidi Swapp- Polka dots, Crafter's Workshop- Flower Quarter
Ink: StazOn- Jet Black, Stampabilities- Navy Blue, Brilliance- Chocolate Brown
Paint: Peerless Watercolors, Distress inks- Vintage Photo
Embossing paste: Dreamweave- Gold 
Paper: Speedball- Bienfang 140lb, Recollection and Neenah white cardstock
Marker: American Craft- Galaxy marker
Embellishments: Rhinestones, Deco foil- Gold

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, so very pretty...luv the addition of gold! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anonymous said...

This is so very lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Beulah Bee said...

Just beautiful--such pretty colors and so delicate, with just the right touch of bling!

Purvi said...

Thank you Teresa!

Purvi said...

Thanks for the complement!

Post a Comment